Saturday, February 23, 2008

i knew I could do it

you know there comes a time in your life when you decide you can't wait around forever for someone else to do it for you....I had one of those moments today when I looked at my bathroom and decided I was sick of looking at it so I was going to do something about it. I went to the local hardware store and bought a nice bright white can of paint and a new cabinet sink and faucet to go a long with it. Walked around the store bought my own tools (that Jon will NOT I repeat will NOT be allowed to touch) and went home and installed the sink my own damn self. I feel like I am on top of the world. It is great to be able to do things on your own. Things that are a "man's job" and do them better then any man could or would have ever done. I am thinking I went into the wrong field instead of fixing people I think I should have been fixing houses. Its awesome. Watch out Bob Vila here I come..........

4 comments:

Queen Annie said...

Awesome! I am always afraid to try projects like that. You go girl! It is empowering when you accomplish something you thought you couldn't. I want to see a picture of this handy work! Maybe you could get a job with Ty Pennington on Home Makeover.

Dewdrop said...

You go girl! That rocks, such an empowering thing accomplishing something like that. What's next on your list, Bob?

CarrieW said...

LOL nothing today I am tired and my back hurts. Looks like the only thing I am fixing is the pillows on the couch to make sure my back doesn't hurt even more when I get up

Queen Annie said...

I miss your blogs!!!! I want to see Easter pictures of the girls too! I sent Jon a message to let him know I was thinking of him, but he didn't respond....I miss you guys!